Teacher Appreciation Week!
Since I’ve been the beneficiary of a lot of life-changingly good teaching throughout my life, I thought I’d post a little honor roll of teachers that I really appreciate this week:
- Dr. Nancy Rosenberger, Conestoga High School. For teaching me American Literature, and much more importantly for teaching me how to write.
- Dr. Athanasios Moulakis, who taught me Euclid when I was a student at St. John’s college, and so started me on the road to mathematics.
- Dr. John McCleary, who taught me calculus (and a great deal more) from a historical perspective (and also to love Proofs and Refutations).
- Dr. Shmuel Weinberger, who taught me how to teach small children to solve mazes by trivializing the normal bundle in the course of the single most eye-opening yearlong course I’ve ever taken.
- Dr. Herman Gluck, who taught me how to construct things with mathematics instead of just solving problems.
- Leslie Horn and Ragan Garrett, for teaching my daughter to read!